check out our comfortable cushions check out the new remote control Jockey Wheel SmartBar TSS Traffic Safety Systems Solid GPS Caravan Tracking System
Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: RACV Tug recommendations


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1029
Date:
RACV Tug recommendations


I'll just leave this link here and get the beer and chips. Lol.

 

https://www.racv.com.au/royalauto/moving/news-information/best-cars-to-tow-caravan.html?edm_id=&cmpid=edm:racvathome:enews:20210225&mid=10200209&sf_id=0036F00002UmTrFQAV



-- Edited by oldbloke on Thursday 25th of February 2021 06:08:07 PM

__________________

Stay safe, & look after the bush.    The greatest invention in the history of man is beer. 



Chief one feather

Status: Offline
Posts: 16609
Date:

"Beer and chips" Gee that's a bit upper class mate. I usually just have popcorn and soft drink. I'll have to up my game I reckon. Maybe cashews and Wild Turkey  blankstare



__________________

Live Life On Your Terms

DOUG  Chief One Feather  (Losing feathers with age)

TUG.......2014 Holden LT Colorado Twin Cab Ute with Canopy

DEN....... 2014 "Chief" Arrow CV  (with some changes)

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1029
Date:

Dougwe wrote:

"Beer and chips" Gee that's a bit upper class mate. I usually just have popcorn and soft drink. I'll have to up my game I reckon. Maybe cashews and Wild Turkey  blankstare


 Lol. Well the beer is cheap. I make my own. Speak of the devil. Its almost 5. I better crack a Dark Ale. biggrin



__________________

Stay safe, & look after the bush.    The greatest invention in the history of man is beer. 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2252
Date:

oldbloke wrote:

I'll just leave this link here and get the beer and chips. Lol.

 

https://www.racv.com.au/royalauto/moving/news-information/best-cars-to-tow-caravan.html?edm_id=&cmpid=edm:racvathome:enews:20210225&mid=10200209&sf_id=0036F00002UmTrFQAV


 Hi Neil...Whist I know little about computers,when I try to open this link it comes up "did not match any documents".What to do? Cheers



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1029
Date:

Mmmmm, works for me.

 

Perhaps copy and paste into your search bar.



-- Edited by oldbloke on Thursday 25th of February 2021 06:18:26 PM

__________________

Stay safe, & look after the bush.    The greatest invention in the history of man is beer. 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 4851
Date:


Thank for putting that info up, Oldbloke

It was interesting reading, from what is a reputable source

As I may/may not, be looking at a caravan tug combination, in the future, I shall bookmark it

Hopefully the link below is clickable

https://www.racv.com.au/royalauto/moving/news-information/best-cars-to-tow-caravan.html?edm_id=&cmpid=edm:racvathome:enews:20210225&mid=10200209&sf_id=0036F00002UmTrFQAV



__________________

Tony

It cost nothing to be polite



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2252
Date:

Tony Bev wrote:


Thank for putting that info up, Oldbloke

It was interesting reading, from what is a reputable source

As I may/may not, be looking at a caravan tug combination, in the future, I shall bookmark it

Hopefully the link below is clickable

https://www.racv.com.au/royalauto/moving/news-information/best-cars-to-tow-caravan.html?edm_id=&cmpid=edm:racvathome:enews:20210225&mid=10200209&sf_id=0036F00002UmTrFQAV


 Thanks Tony...that works! Bit busy this evening,but this obviously has been put together by someone with little understanding of weights and dynamics. There is some good advice offered about several cars,but there are a couple of included models that have absolutely NO chance of safely towing claimed weights as a Pig trailer.Cheers



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 2252
Date:

oldbloke wrote:

Mmmmm, works for me.

 

Perhaps copy and paste into your search bar.



-- Edited by oldbloke on Thursday 25th of February 2021 06:18:26 PM


 Hi Neil...thanks for that advice.Luckily for me,Tony made it easy for me to open.Much bad advice included though,and it seemingly has been put together by someone with very little understanding of weights and dynamics.Cheers



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us
Purchase Grey Nomad bumper stickers Read our daily column, the Nomad News The Grey Nomad's Guidebook