check out the new remote control Jockey Wheel SmartBar rearview170 Beam Communications SatPhone Shop Visit Geraldton
Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Our Chev 3500 and Bushtracker set-up


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Date:
Our Chev 3500 and Bushtracker set-up


Six years ago we stepped up from a 1999 Ultimate Offroad camper trailer, into a 2013 20 foot Bushtracker. This is hauled by my 2012 Chev Silverado 3500 (single rear wheel).Lake Bonney Chev Bushy.jpg 



Attachments
__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 8615
Date:

And a very nice combination is is - suited for Nomad life style.

__________________

Possum; AKA:- Ali El-Aziz Mohamed Gundawiathan

Sent from my imperial66 typewriter using carrier pigeon, message sticks and smoke signals.



Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Date:

Possum3 wrote:

And a very nice combination is is - suited for Nomad life style.


 Thanks mate. It does the trick, but like everything....it's a compromise.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 532
Date:

Hello Roachie,

Very nice level balanced looking rig.

Are permanently on the Wallaby now? 

We met on Yorke Peninsula a while back on Butler's property.

Ian & Sally Steer



__________________

Cheers - Ian

I slowly realise as I get older that I am definitely NOT the fastest rat in the race.

Also the older I get the more I realise I do not know.



Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Date:

Mobi Condo wrote:

Hello Roachie,

Very nice level balanced looking rig.

Are permanently on the Wallaby now? 

We met on Yorke Peninsula a while back on Butler's property.

Ian & Sally Steer


 G'day Ian and Sally,

 

No, not permanently on the road, but I am retired so we are getting away more often than we used to. Damned CV19 has curbed our desire to go interstate as much as we'd like to. We did go to WA last November, but had to self-isolate in the van, in a caravan park for 2 weeks....only allowed out to go for tests on day 11 and 14. I did have to sneak out every few nights at around 1am to empty the cassettes.

What about you Are you traveling full-time?

Cheers,

Roachie



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 1097
Date:

Lovely setup and lovely background.



__________________

Cheers, Richard (Dick0)

"Home is where the Den is parked, Designer Orchid Special towed by Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited"

"4x250W solar panels, Epever 80A charger and 3x135Ah Voltax Prismatic LiFePO4 Batteries".



Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Date:

Thanks mate. That was us camped on the banks of Lake Bonney in the SA Riverland a few years ago. Unfortunately, last time we were there, middle of last year roughly, the council was in the process of adding barriers, logs, fences etc to corral people into particular spots. My guess is that it will no longer be FREE and that you may even have to book a site. Damned shame.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 532
Date:

Roachie wrote:
Mobi Condo wrote:

Hello Roachie,

Very nice level balanced looking rig.

Are permanently on the Wallaby now? 

We met on Yorke Peninsula a while back on Butler's property.

Ian & Sally Steer


 G'day Ian and Sally,

 

No, not permanently on the road, but I am retired so we are getting away more often than we used to. Damned CV19 has curbed our desire to go interstate as much as we'd like to. We did go to WA last November, but had to self-isolate in the van, in a caravan park for 2 weeks....only allowed out to go for tests on day 11 and 14. I did have to sneak out every few nights at around 1am to empty the cassettes.

What about you Are you traveling full-time?

Cheers,

Roachie


 Will answer briefly with Not full time and send a PM so as not to waylay the discussion in general.



__________________

Cheers - Ian

I slowly realise as I get older that I am definitely NOT the fastest rat in the race.

Also the older I get the more I realise I do not know.

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us
Purchase Grey Nomad bumper stickers Read our daily column, the Nomad News The Grey Nomad's Guidebook